Milwaukee Foot & Ankle Surgeon
As a leading foot and ankle surgeon in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Dr. Marso takes a caring, collaborative approach that empowers his patients with information. Along with listening and addressing concerns, he clearly communicates the benefits of different treatment options to develop the best plan for each patient. Throughout his career, Dr. Marso has worked with countless satisfied patients to achieve a better quality of life.
If you have a foot or ankle injury or condition, we will first try to address it using nonsurgical care. When necessary, you can have peace of mind knowing that Dr. Andrew Marso has experience and skill performing foot and ankle surgeries, including:
Bunion surgery is often a matter of moving the bone and joint back into their natural positions. Once everything is back to where it should be, your bunion pain will be alleviated. Other options include bunionectomy (removing the bony protrusion) or procedures to address the ligaments and tendons surrounding the joint.
Preparing for Foot and Ankle Surgery
Some of the considerations you need to keep in mind when preparing for foot surgery include:
- Schedule time off from work. You will need time both for your procedure and the recovery process, so make sure you let your employer know. As we discuss your surgery together, we can let you know what you should expect timewise.
- Follow instructions about when to eat (or not) before surgery. This will be dictated by whether anesthesia is going to be used, and what kind is administered.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing. Comfortable clothing isn’t always the most stylish, but you will be glad you opted for loosing-fitting clothes when you put them back on over the surgical site.
- Arrange a ride home. Both anesthesia and the affected foot itself are reasons you will likely need someone else to drive you to and from the procedure.
- Make plans for child care. If you have children living at home, especially younger ones, you may need to ask your spouse or family members to help with child care. You will need to spend time resting during recovery and your mobility may be limited, so chasing kids around is out of the question.
Your Top Choice for Foot and Surgery in Milwaukee County
Electing to have surgery is not an easy decision. Our goal is to make it easier on you by consistently providing first-class care and treatment and earning the positive referrals our patients give. When you need a surgical procedure to put your foot or ankle pain behind you, Wisconsin Foot Center is here to help. Give our Hales Corner, WI office a call at (414) 425-8400 and our staff will help schedule your appointment.